Monday 24 September 2012

Celephaïs by H. P. Lovecraft

I "accidentally" bought the collected works of Lovecraft the other night for my kindle. It cost me less than two quid, so I'd say it's a fair deal. In all honesty I bought it just for one of his short stories - Celephaïs.

If you haven't read this particular gem, or just haven't read any Lovecraft, I seriously suggest you do. It's hands down my favourite of his works (followed by The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath) and it is simply beautiful.

It is about Kuranes, a man who found a magnificent city called Celephaïs as a child in his dreams, and now, forty years later he's managed to find his way back to the city he once ruled as an adult. I won't tell any more than that, because you should go and read it for yourself!

Go on, go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment