Sunday 23 September 2012

The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings

I started re-reading this baby today, and have only read a chapter so far. Still, it's not like I don't know the story; it was the first fantasy-book I ever read, and as such has a very special place in my heart.

Now, I'm not blind to the faults of this book. The characters are two-dimensional at best, and the witty dialogue feels rather strained at some points. The plot is quite interesting, but sometimes gets forgotten in all the wittiness of the characters, who all speak the same way regardless of who they are or where they come from.

Still, I can't dislike this book, I just can't. Edding's other books are better both style-wise and content-wise, but this will still always be my favourite.

Read it if you just want a simple story where everything ends happily. Read it if you're not too picky about your fantasy, and most importantly read it if you feel you have enough time or are a quick reader; it is quite long.

No comments:

Post a Comment